Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize Layer with action but not in %

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if i register an action to resize a layer in inches or in pixel, the action will be registered only in %.

So if i would like to resize many layer with different dimensions, i can't have all in the same dimensions.

How i can do it?

Is there a script?

Regards,

Vincenzo

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincenzo,

have you tried switching ruler's units to Pixels before recording the action?

Davide

www.davidebarranca.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, Davide, but photoshop register the action only in %

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

enzomazza wrote:

yes, Davide, but photoshop register the action only in %

Photoshop  does not register actions as far as I know it only records, plays and edits actions. And how size works depends on how thing are recorded. Size is record in different ways according to how you set Photoshop ruler units,  If you want to record relative to document size set units to Percentage before recording the step you want to relative to document size.  If you want to record it relative to some measurements like inches set units to inches Photoshop will record in inches and use the currents document DPI resolution to know how many pixels an inch should be when the step is played for each document the action is played on.  If you want to use an absolute number of Pixels set units to pixels before recording the step.  Some things can not be recorded in a relative way like layer style settings are in Absolute pixels numbers.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will be able to do this by actions alone. You will need a script that can do the needed math to convert your desired size in pixels( or inches ) to percent.

In the GUI you can enter any unit in the options bar but Photoshop converts and stores the value as percent. You are not really resizing the layer in the same way the document is resized. What you are really doing is transform scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines