• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize photo from 8x10 to 5x7

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo that is currently an 8x10 ready for print. I would like to take that same photo and size it to 5x7. How would I do this?

I have tried cropping with the 5x4 preface on as well as ratio of 5:4 but have had no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those sizes have a different Aspect Ratio.  You will need to crop  or distort the image to change  Aspect Ratios. And also resize for print resolution for want to use.   It is easy with an action that uses my Plug-in Script to crop landscape to landscape and Portrait to portrait all you need do is record the two numbers for the aspect ratio.  4 5 or 4 5 the  plug-in will  set the correct orientation crop selection. If a Centered Crop is OK or a crop from the top left corner is OK. The Action would not to be interactive and could be batched,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the photo resolution set for print at 240 pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you would not need to record the seting of the Print resolution in the action steps

Step 1 Automate  Aspect Ratio Selection record desired Aspect Ratio numbers and desired location using the  Plug-in's Dialog.

Stes 2 Image Crop

Step 3 Image Size set Print Resolution do not set size just set DPI.

Step 4 Automate Long Print Side Length  Record the desired length in the Plug-in dialog.

Step 5 save the file in some output folder

The Plug-ins are in my crafting Action Package.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jasonq21721174  wrote

I have the photo resolution set for print at 240 pixels

Just set your new doc at the same resolution, you are sizing down, so that wont be an issue. You might even get away with a higher res. in your new doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an 8x10 has a  4:5 aspect ratio.   You would need to crop that to a 5:7 aspect ratio for a 5 by 7 print. and a 10x8 to a 7:5 aspect ratio for a 7 x 5 print.

You can drop any aspect ratio image to either a 5:7 or 7:5 aspect ratio  my plug will set the correct orientation  selection it will not change an image orientation.  The image size is recorded with resample not checked just set DPI.  Where the Long side Print Length step look like its 7px its actually the value 7 that is use with the document current print dpi resolution.  Its just matter of my hacking JavaScript where I do not actually know JavaScript  I needed a value for the documents current resolution.   The code I stole returned a value and unit I only used the value.   The same in Aspect Ratio selection I only needed a  two value the document orientation determine  where the values will be use width or height

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I am installing the plug-in now. The client I'm working on this with wants cropped 5x7 and 8x10 sets of digital photos at 300 pixels per inch  it turns out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send that photo(If its not personal). let me try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I will send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just simply create a new document with a 5 x 7 canvas, drag the larger photo in, then use transform to resize it to your liking. Cropping will be automatic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines