Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing an image in photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to resize an image- 400 x 200 and every time I try, it comes out blurry like I need to fix the resolution. I've placed a blank sheet first and then placed the image, but it ends up being blurry when I zoom in.

Any ideas? This may be really simple.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

A 400 x 200 px image is very small. If you try and enlarge it through interpolation it will do so by sampling the adjacent pixels resulting in a soft, blurred image. The only solution would be to try and access the original, higher resolution image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a pixel-based application.

any Zoom in beyond 100% everything will end up blurry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 400 x 200 px image is very small. If you try and enlarge it through interpolation it will do so by sampling the adjacent pixels resulting in a soft, blurred image. The only solution would be to try and access the original, higher resolution image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution that you are trying to achieve is very small so its getting blurred. I guess you cant do much on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am sure you're already familiar with resizing images in Photoshop, but I'd like to offer a helpful tip that encompasses all the necessary information for resizing images in Photoshop. Additionally, there's a video tutorial available in this quick tip as well: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-resize-images-in-ph...

I hope it helps!

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you download any 400 × 200 images from the web, even those professionally made, they will all look blurry when zoomed in. The reason is that none of them were designed to be viewed zoomed in, and probably neither is yours.  They were designed to be viewed at 1:1 (100%), which is how web browsers display them. If your image looks good at 1:1, then it’s good. Unless you want to allow for magnification in the final viewer/browser; if so, increase its pixel dimensions. (For example, if you need that image to look good at 200%, it must be saved at 2x, or 800 × 400 px.)

An image of any resolution will look blurry if you zoom in enough. 400 × 200 px looks blurry sooner because there just aren’t that many pixels in it, so you can’t zoom in on it very far before it falls apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines