• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Image results in to weird resized art, but original size artboard?

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I've been using Photoshop for 20 years now and just updated to the new 2017 version and have some weird problems with simply resizing an image.

Let's say you create a PSD document of 800x400 pixels.

At the end you need a 400x200 pixels version as well so you go to "Image --> Image size" and type in the new values. Hit OK and everything (seems to) looks right. However, when you save it as JPG you would normally save an image that is 400x200 pixels, but now I get a 800x400 pixels image with the artwork in there scaled to 400x200 pixels. In order words, tons of blank space.

It's very strange, and even though everything looks normal in Photoshop itself, right before you hit "OK" to actually save the JPG you see that it's all wrong.

What am I missing here? It's something so simple but very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

It sounds like your using artboards which I have never used for I do not develop for the web for difference devices.  When I read a little about Artboards to me what they seem to be like the are  Layer Groups spread out over a large canvas. Each layer grope(Artboard) are for different devices.   I would think that a image resize  may resize an art board within your document. I just created a document with some artboards.  Each artboard seems to have its size and the window frame rulers will chan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your using artboards which I have never used for I do not develop for the web for difference devices.  When I read a little about Artboards to me what they seem to be like the are  Layer Groups spread out over a large canvas. Each layer grope(Artboard) are for different devices.   I would think that a image resize  may resize an art board within your document. I just created a document with some artboards.  Each artboard seems to have its size and the window frame rulers will change the orients to the area board you are working on.   If you do not use artboards The Photoshop Document should work like your use to.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, now I see! Thanks for the explanation. Just found out that when you create a new document and hit "Web" it automatically has "Artboards" checked on and this indeed causes the problem I was talking about. Didn't even notice that, just need to get used to the new "New Document" interface.

I never use Artboards in Photoshop either, but I love to use them in Illustrator.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines