• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing layers using pixels instead of percentages in Photoshop

Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop CS5 for the PC.

When I select a layer and look at the info panel, I see that the layer height and width is shown apparently by default in percentages.  Specifically 100% Height and 100% Width.

I would prefer that the Info panel show height and width in Pixels instead of Percentages.

Finally, after seeing the height and width in Pixels I want to change the height by entering the height in pixels. 

How can I do that?

I don't want to use a "ruler" to do this, I just want to be able to enter the pixels (height and width) that I want the layer to b resized.  For example when selecting a rectangle that is currently 100 pixels tall and 50 pixels wide, I want to be able to just change 50 pixels wide by entering (in a field) 25 to make it 25 pixels wide.

In Fireworks I resize by pixels all the time.  But can't find a similar method in Photoshop.

THanks

Rowby

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Info palette: just click on the dropdown menu beside the readout and change the units for the readout.

Transform: just specify the units when you enter the number, "25 px" or "25 pixels".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transform mode lets you resize by entering dimensions in its options bar. Target the layer. If its transform handles are showing you can click one to enter Transform mode, otherwise press Cmd/Ctrl+T to enter Transform mode.

Screen shot 2012-08-03 at 20.24.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good.  So I can put in pixels instead of percentage in the options box on top?

My other issue is how can I see what the current height and width is, in pixels.  Right now the info panel shows only percentages.  I would like to know the current pixel size, height and width, so I know  what I need to put in the options box.

BTW here is how I do it in FIreworks.  Initially the dialogue box shows me the current pixel width and height.  Then  I just change the pixel size to whatever I want it to be.

rectangle-resize.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info palette: just click on the dropdown menu beside the readout and change the units for the readout.

Transform: just specify the units when you enter the number, "25 px" or "25 pixels".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FOUND IT! Right click inside of the percentage box (assuming you are in transform mode CTRL + T) and you can select different units of measurement.

adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines