• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retouching / reconstructing sections of a detailed image

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image I purchased from Adobe stock that has a white border on a background of leaves. For various reasons I want to remove the white border so that I just have leaves. Selecting the white sections and doing a content-aware fill does a decent job of repainting the texture of the leaves, but a dark shadow is left behind. Any ideas how I can retouch the image to look seamless?

Leaf retouching.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think you can use clone stamp to retouch the image more closely to get rid of shadows....Regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marquee select the dark line, then Select menu > Modify > Expand the selection by 2 pixels as a start, and run Content Aware Fill again. Undo and try other values if not satisfied before saving and closing your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIRST you select the white and use Curves or simply fill it to get as close as possible to the dark green color. THEN use Content-Aware fill, and finish up with clone/heal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines