Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Right click image displays list of layers

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a really dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer to it anywhere on the forums or otherwise.

When I right click an image/layer using the move tool, it displays a list of the layers under it rather than the normal contextual menu (with resize image, free transform, flip image, rotate image, etc). The normal contextual menu is pretty useful to me, and I don't know what I could have changed to make right click function differently. Is there any way to restore the previous contextual menu? When I tried to reset the move tool, the default right click was the list of layers thing.
In addition, I just started using photoshop and I don't recall modifying any settings in the move tool, so I assume my previous contextual menu is normal.
Thanks in advance for any help with my problem!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018
When I right click an image/layer using the move tool, it displays a list of the layers under it rather than the normal contextual menu (with resize image, free transform, flip image, rotate image, etc)
That is the default behaviour, what you call »normal« is not. The Transformation options would be shown when right-clicking after a Transformation has been invoked (cmd-T or Edit > Free Transform for example).

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click an image/layer using the move tool, it displays a list of the layers under it rather than the normal contextual menu (with resize image, free transform, flip image, rotate image, etc)

That is the default behaviour, what you call »normal« is not.

The Transformation options would be shown when right-clicking after a Transformation has been invoked (cmd-T or Edit > Free Transform for example).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tatsuyas49100807  wrote

This is probably a really dumb question,

There is nothing like a dumb question...  (Just wanted to clear this one... as c.pfaffenbichler​ as answered the rest! )

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has answered your question but If you were looking for those selections when right clicking in order to work more fluently or quicker, I suggest looking into learning some keyboard short cuts. They'll become second nature to you and make your projects move by much quicker rather then scanning the menus for what you're looking for.

Default keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine USED to do exactly what you're talking about in here. I want to set it back up to do this... did you ever figure out how?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines