• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rotating a flower

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with everything i touch in photoshop.

MY computer isnt compatible with photoshop.

I am trying to rotate a leaf in my pattern and when I can by opening photoshop a 3rd time finally able to rotate the leaf.But when i do it . there is a pink line appearing around it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Yes I see now that the problem is indeed that the pattern is not isolated, but fixed on a white background. Try this:

-Layer>New Layer

-Change Foreground Color to White

-Edit>Fill with Paintbucket

-Place the new white layer under the pattern

-Do not merge the layers

Now when you rotate things in the pattern, the white layer underneath will show instead of anything unwanted.

-edit typo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another layer beneath the leaf layer? If there's a pink layer under it and the leaf is on a white background, the pink will show through when you rotate something on the white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just do  not recall adding a background color,how can i fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the pattern elements isolated on a transparent background? That's the ideal situation. If not, then what I do is select the leaf and go Edit>Copy>Paste and then rotate the copy , and that way you can go behind it and fill in any extraneous colors with white and then merge it with the rest of the pattern. This pattern looks very blurred around the edges though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried again using a new pattern,so now i tried to rotate and it changes bg?

What do you suggest. Im not having any luck figuring this out>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see now that the problem is indeed that the pattern is not isolated, but fixed on a white background. Try this:

-Layer>New Layer

-Change Foreground Color to White

-Edit>Fill with Paintbucket

-Place the new white layer under the pattern

-Do not merge the layers

Now when you rotate things in the pattern, the white layer underneath will show instead of anything unwanted.

-edit typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to thank for all your help with this,Leslie.

at this time i could not get it to work, i dont know if ill ever learn photoshop.

I'll have to try again later.

But I also have another question:

Assuming that i have a created a seamless pattern  as in photo  attached,after testing it.

It's not seamless.Can you tell me why? As you can see, I added more flowers on sides, top and bottom.

But they do  not appear in the tested pattern? What am i doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome! As to making a pattern seamless, you can find tutorials - here are some (I don't know what version of Photoshop you have- you can google how to do it with your version if needed):

https://catcoq.com/blog/how-to-create-a-seamless-pattern-in-photoshop 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNBv3Cgx66Q 

https://youtu.be/MXRq-mJxTL8?si=EFu-LspU1MdBt_OA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.My biggest problem is outdated videos.I think i tried 2 of these before. but will try again and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I hear ya. With the constant Photoshop updates, things get incompatible pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines