• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ruler guides stay selected unless I click off of them with the move tool

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I drag out a ruler guide in Photoshop 2022 version 23.4.1 or 23.4.2 it stays selected. I have to drag out another ruler guide or switch to the move tool (if I'm dragging the guides out while another tool is selected) and click somewhere else on the canvas to get it to deselect. This is very annoying. I used to be able to drag multiple guides into my layout and continue working, but now I have to always make sure to select the move tool and click somewhere on the canvas to deselect the last guide. I first noticed this problem when I was dragging out ruler guides around an object in my layout and then trying to fill that object with a different color. I couldn't get the object to fill using the alt>delete shortcut to fill the object with the foreground color like I used to. I then noticed that instead of filling the object with the foreground color, using the alt>delete shortcut instead deleted the last ruler guide I dragged out. Having these ruler guides stay selected is hurting my workflow. I have to go through extra steps to make sure to deselect them before continuing to do anything else. The same issue persists on Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers running Photosop version 23.4.1 or 23.4.2. Please change the ruler guide functionality back to the way it worked before, or at least give us the option to turn this new "always selected unless manually deselected ruler guide functionality" off, like you did with use legacy free transform tool in the Photoshop preferences. Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaeld17693352 

This issue was reported here on July 8:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/guides-being-deleted-by-selection-tool/idi-p...

and here on August 3:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/guides-are-now-being-left-auto-selected-afte...

Adobe staff has announced that they have a fix that will be in an upcoming release.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Jane. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines