• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ruler tool in millimeters in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get my ruler tool in photoshop to measure in millimeters instead of pixels? Thanks!!

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Hi Maria,

Oh, hooray! I’m glad it works. Try checking on unchecking the “Use Measurement Scale” to see if you can make it work in both places. Otherwise, the Info panel will work fine.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you want to change the ruler from inches to Millimeters, please go into Photoshop's Preferences > Unit & Rulers and choose Millimeters from the drop-down menu:

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sahil.

Thank you for trying to help me. However, I don’t mean the “rullers”, I mean the “ruller tool” which measures things in Photoshop. I’m working with the rullers set to millimeters (as you suggested), but the ruler tool is in pixels so it doesn’t help much…

Best,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

A second way is to right-click the ruler and select the unit of measurement you prefer.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jane.

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately it doesn’t solve the matter. My rulers are set to millimeters (as you suggested) but my ruler tool is set to pixels so it doesn’t help much to measure objects. I cannot set the ruler tool to millimeters…

Best,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me. I didn't change anything here except the ruler measurements. The Length for the first is 79.5 mm and the second is 3.125 inches.

What exact version of PS do you have and what is your OS?

Jane

If you are using the options bar, uncheck Use Measurement Scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC2019 and MacOS High Sierra version: 10.13.6

Maybe I’m doing sth wrong… Take a look at the image please: the rulers are in millimeters while the ruler tool is measuring in pixels.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works!! Thank you so much. I was checking the ruler toll measurements on the bar above the file, where the measures are still in another unit that I suppose it’s in pixels. But looking at your examples I found out that I should check it in the info panel. There the measurements are in millimeters as well as the rulers.

Happy happy!!!

Best regards,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Oh, hooray! I’m glad it works. Try checking on unchecking the “Use Measurement Scale” to see if you can make it work in both places. Otherwise, the Info panel will work fine.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again! I cannot find the green star under your answer to check “correct”. And the option “ like” is not available… Can you help me?

Best,

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

I’m not sure why you can’t see Correct and Like...

Check to confirm you are signed in and click the name of the thread to see if that works. The important thing is that your issue is solved and you are happy!

I think it might be a bug that “Use Measurement Scale” has to be checked (ticked) before it works in the options bar, as I had to do that, too. I’ll test it on my second computer and if it does the same, I’ll report it as a bug.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray!!! Checking on unchecking the “Use Measurement Scale” worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines