• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running an action automatically

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not long ago I posted a question about running an action when an image is loaded and I got a response telling me that I should look into the File -> Scripts -> Scripts Event Manager to solve that problem. I change the settings to make sure that when a file is opened the script that I wanted to run does get run and I thought that solved my problem. However I found somethat that seems very odd and inconsistent to me.

1) Open a RGB image in PS -> it opens and runs the action.

2) Open a raw image in PS -> it opens in ACR and then, when I tell it to open in PS, it opens and runs the action.

3) Use Bridge to open an RGB image in PS -> it opens and runs the action.

4) Use Bridge to open a raw image in PS -> it opens in ACR and then, when I tell it to open in PS, it opens and does NOT run the action.

That is, all PS openings of an image, RGB or raw, opens the image in PS and runs the action, but if I use Bridge the action only ends up being run if the image is RGB, and it does not run the action if the image is raw (dng or CR2 or ORF in my case).

What basic issue am I missing here? And is there any way to get around this issue? I have looked at the ACR settings but see nothing that addresses this question. I am working on a Mac (Ventura, 13.2.1) if that matters

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not reproduce using latest Photoshop, ACR and Bridge on Windows, everything works fine when opening RAW file CR2 in particular from Bridge. Wait for someone with Mac to check, maybe its platform specific or try with preference reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had assumed that this was a setting problem but perhaps it is a Mac related bug. Perhaps I should submit it to Adobe as a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines