Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Save as copy in Automate - Batch still with file name copy

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just jumped from CS4 to CC2021 a month ago.

So far PS and Illustrator runs goods.

But now I added my old actions to PS for automate - batch and if I use actions with Layers I get prompts to save as copy instead if save as.

I already activated the 2 checkboxes in the settings of file handling for the old save as behaviour.

If I change the save action in the old imported actions from CS4 to save as copy I still get the file names with the copy addition although I activate "no added copy in the file name" in the settings.

Any idea?

Thx

Screenshot 2021-09-30 163224.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-30 163139.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Preferences > File Handling and check "Enable Legacy Save As" and restart Photoshop. Do your actions work correctly now?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, like i wrote it at te beginning...

quoteI already activated the 2 checkboxes in the settings of file handling for the old save as behaviour.

Please find enclosed a screenshot from the settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines