Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as PSB in Background

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the savePSB() function that SuperMerlin​ posted in the thread .PSB file type, 'save as' cannot be done in Photoshop script?​ which works fine for me but I was wondering if it'd be possible to save the PSB in background?

In fact, the saving process is running in foreground mode for some reason and doesn't allow the user to set another open document to the front for instance while the Preferences->File Handling->Save in Background option is enabled.

I even tried to get the code from the ScriptListener but was not working either and could not find a way to make it run in background.

Any idea if this would be possible?

Thanks,

Jeremy

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if the save as psb is executed in the background in your script.  Your script would be in control of Photoshop and most likely be waiting on the background save to complete before performing the next scripted operation. If the script continued on before the saved completes a scripted process may depend on the psb file being complete and that step would fail. So no matter how the save is done I would think Photoshop Scripting support plug-in would not continue till the save completes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines