Save Guides

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it possible to save out guides? Or a template? I'm currently using some with some reference images, but I want to disable those/delete them so I can add some new ones for another set of reference images. When I want to go back to the other references and guides, I'd like to be able to just load the old ones up. 🙂

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View>New Guide Layout

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Thing is, once I have one set up, is there any way of saving it again? I can set up how many lines I'll need and then save it, but with my character's references, they'll need adjusting manually. So I'll set one at the top of the head, under the chin, at the hips etc. But then it'll need saving again after that. Is that possible to do?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, like most of the rest of Ps, there's isn't an option for 'update with current settings' option. You could also just skip guides entirely and simply use a helper layer with lines or masks on that layer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Record an action.

Setup Guide Layout and apply.

Stop recording action.

Play action on new file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So I'll set one at the top of the head, under the chin, at the hips etc."

If you have different layout with each new image then it is difficult at least to automate process using automation options in Photoshop. Different layout means different position of guides.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines