Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a file from 2023 for someone who has 2021

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Made a file with a bunch of smart objects and warps and stuff, and I can't figure out how to save it "down" for someone who is on an earlier version of the app.

I have Photoshop 2023, the other person is on Photoshop 2021.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

B

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't and shouldn't need to unless a feature wasn't available in v2021. Offhand, I can't think of any "live" features that would cause an issue, any v2023 features that are "baked in" would no longer be version specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't dialogue as in Illustrator if thats what are you asking for.

save as in illustrator.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Been trying to figure out if there is a way to duplicate it, which it seems like there is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is »Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility« set to »Always«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Changed it from »Ask« to »Always«

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is »stuff« exactly? 

What problem occurs when the image is opened in the obsolete Photoshop version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transformed one of the smart objects (warped it specifically) and when the file opens up in 2021, the warp has fallen off and the object has reverted back to how it looked when I orignally imported it.

Took me a while to get that warp just right. Would love to not have to do it again. At this point I think I might just have him give me back the smart object (vector based) and I can just do it for him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the file (feel free to remove all Layers except the affected one)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go. Stripped out most of the rest of the artwork, but I kept a few of the nest layers in there, in case by some small chance they were impacting the smart object at all.

Thanks for the help BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cylinder Warp! 

Yeah, that was introduced in Photoshop 2023. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figures. Thanks for the help though, very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rasterize the SOs or convert them to SO (so a SO in SO-approach). 

But the person editing the image in an obsolete Photoshop version cannot edit the SO while maintaining the Cylinder Warp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I think I am going to just take the vector smarts back from him and I will apply them to each of these files. Probably would have built it differently if I had realized all this. 

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines