• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving image or merge loses blend modes and options

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had an issue like this when having stacked the same image with different blending types, such as multiply and divide. I'd get my desired effect and then when saving the image out as png or jpg, it looks completely different. Today I had the same issue with the inner glow setting.

huh.PNG

So we can see my inner glow settings , I've circled in red where to look. But you'll see that if I merge the layers, convert the text to a smart object / rasterize type or save it in any sort of way, I lose that look and get this instead:

ay.png

And this is NOT what I made and tweaked the settings for, so why can't I save it and keep my blending options? And get the effect I can see and made?

bruh.PNG

It indeed is the inner glow that seems to lose its settings, but I've had this issue before with using multiple and divide and all that, and searching for an answer I saw someone else with a similar issue but the responses they got didn't help them or myself.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/blend-modes-to-png/m-p/10597093#M2616...

this is the similar thread, and I have tried the supposed answer and it didn't work.

Why is photoshop doing this? At this point I feel like I have to take a screenshot, put it back into photoshop and save that as the final image, but that just seems so silly.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the file. 

Also screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible. 

Edit: To clarify: screenshots of the fully layered and the merged image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I dont know if you learned how to fix it, but i'll be very glad if you help me out with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you bothered reading my previous post? 

Could you please post screenshots of the layered and the merged image taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To illustrate the importance of checking certain Adjustments etc. at 100% in Photoshop: 

cacheIssue50Percent.pngcacheIssue100Percent.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines