Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling down a seamless pattern

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have a seamless pattern image that I imported into photoshop. I want to export it to a 12x12 size for digital scrapbook paper. 

I do this by importing my original seamless file and choosing edit>define pattern

then I open up a 12x12 inch file and fill it with the pattern I saved. It fills perfectly and is seamless, but when you open that file that I resized again and let's say you want to resize to smaller,..it's no longer seamless.

What I need to know is how to scale down the image and define pattern at its smaller scale, but if I reopen it, it would still be seamless. Hope I am describing OK.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of filling your page with your pattern use a layer style pattern overlay. This gives you the ability to change the size of the your pattern. You can also try adding a new pattern fill layer. These options keep the pattern seperate from your canvas and allow you to change things up. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines