• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script - stack images from folder + text from excel sheet

Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've been using photoshop for a while but it is the first time I want to use the script features. Thus, I'm a little bit confused...

I've been searching among previous subjects but did not find any answer related to my issue.

I want to do the following :

> I have a folder with 100 pictures.

> I have an excel sheet with 100 quotes (1 per row in the first column, from row 1 to 100).

> I have a template.psd containing 4 layers (from foreground to background):

- 1 for the quote from the excel sheet.

- 1 for a static text which has to be on every picture.

- 1 for a "filter" (black square with 50% as opacity, in order to make the background image darker).

- 1 for the image from the folder (which has to be set as background).

> I want to stack on the template the relevant picture and quote, from 1 to 100.

I've been told that I could run a script that, from 1 to 100, takes the picture number x, quote number x, assign them at the right place in the template and export the result in a folder.

However, as I am totally new to photoshop scripting, I really don't know where to start. Therefore, my questions are :

> what should I write in my script so that it executes the actions I want to perform?

> how to launch such a script?

I really hope that you guys can help me with that!

Victoria

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you convert paragraph to point text, there is possibility, that text which overflow frame will be removed. So make sure that your frame is enought big or catch these cases with script 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with other script converting paragraph to point. That cut some side text. I am not sure was that solution I found but probably I changed text composition from ADOBEEVERYLINE, when it was still PARAGRAPHTEXT to:

(tI = activeDocument.activeLayer.textItem).textComposer = TextComposer.ADOBESINGLELINE, tI.kind = TextType.POINTTEXT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't write script in Word. Use notepad instead 😉 And you need rename file extension from .txt to .jsx

You maybe will need change settings to show extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported the script using Webstorm editor as .jsx file, it didn't work too. Then I tried with .js file but it was not better.

In both cases, it printed :

Ligne: 331

->  })(); 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you compare both version of code you'll notice there is lack of first character in second version code: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these adobe charges of software a terrible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines