• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting Newbie

New Here ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using PS for quite awhile and I've composed a few actions, but scripting I've never done.
Now I've been give the task to do something that glaringly requires scripting - creating a specific image size (more than one), scaling other images into specific locations in these images, selecting layers and drawing bounding boxes, saving into multiple resolutions, formats, etc...

Adobe's guides are as good as... Adobe's guides! Are there any other sources of learning that those in the know would kindly recommend? I need a few hints, tips, suggestions, a couple of show-me's and I'm sure I'll be happily scripting soon...
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good start would be look through this site.
http://www.ps-scripts.com
There are many scripts there that you can an idea of how thing work.

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Now I've realized I have another problem... I cannot get ANY scripts to run!
I pulled out the manuals on scripting and tried to start from page one, and I can't get ExtendScript Toolkit to run any scripts - keep getting the same message:

Cannot run script in target engine 'main'!

Can anybody offer advice, solution, explanation?

I tried calling tech support but they tell me there's no one to support ExtendScript Toolkit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention: Mac OS 10.5.2, PowerMac dual G5 2.5, and this problem is with Javascript. AppleScript seems to be working, but I need to build cross-platform...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a new one on me, the simplest script to try would be:
alert("hello world");
If that doesn't work a re-install might be in order?
Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe, but a re-install of what? The OS is only a month, CS3 I got three weeks ago... ExtendScript? I might give it a whirl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you have ExtendScript open, look in the upper left hand corner. There you can select the program you want the scripts to be run against (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). You will need to have the program running before you try to run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines