• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripts

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I run an action on an image when opening from ACR into Photoshop?   I have it set up in Scripts Events Manager to run when document is opened but it only works when opening from file explorer--not when the image is being opened from ACR.  

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you determine that the action did not work?
Need details. Everything works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action creates 2 adjustment layers in a group.  I can run it successfully on an image open in photoshop. the script runs successfully when I open an image from file explorer.  The script runs successfully when I click on an image in bridge and click open-- the image opens to ACR and I click open which moves the image to photoshop.  From bridge, if I click open in camera raw the image goes to camera raw,then I click open-- the image opens on photoshop but the script does not run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don’t use Bridge and can’t reproduce your situation. Try to start recording an Action in Photoshop and carry out your manipulations to “open” the file. If something is recorded in the action and it is different from "open", then you can assign this event to fire in the Script Events Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The script runs successfully when I click on an image in bridge and click open-- the image opens to ACR and I click open which moves the image to photoshop.  From bridge, if I click open in camera raw the image goes to camera raw,then I click open-- the image opens on photoshop but the script does not run.

Seems to be the same on Mac.

Why do you want to use Bridge’s File > Open in Camera Raw if File > Open works to open in ACR anyway? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines