• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby Zoom doesn´t work - graphis processor is detected and been used, but the tool doesn´t work

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop 2019 CC and I can´t use zoom tool as before - drag to right to zoon in, to left to zoom out. This just create a square and the program zoom on the square! The "scrubby zoom" option appeared to me in Gray and it´s not avaliable.

What should I do?

I read a lot of artibles online and tried everything!

My Graphics Processor is a GeForce 1060 (notebook intel i7 with Win10).

I checked Preferences / Performance and it´s detecting and using the graphics processor.

I tried uncheck "use graphics processor" and restart Photoshop, didn´t work.

I checked Preferences / Workspace and "Narrow Options Bar" is unchecked.

I reseted preferences on Preferences/General, and didn´t work either.

This thing looks small but ir´s a big difference to me at my work, please, I thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Looks like I found the problem:

If I lauch Photoshop using the icon on my Cintiq and try use it on Cintiq, Scrubby disappears!

If I launch PS using the icon on my normal monitor and use the software on the monitor, it works!

My Cintiq is plugged in my onboard graphics and the monitor in the Nvidia gtx 1060... so this is should be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried checking and changing the advanced options for graphic processor use? What level do you have it set at, try changing to a different setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that!

Tried all the three options, basic, normal and advanced and restarted Photoshop! But didn´t work!

Any other suggestions?
And thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking OpenCL and for good measure restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking OpenCL didn´t work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can check scrubby Zoom with these settings.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same settings here on Performance and Graphic Processor Advanced Settings.

But still don´t work (works on a Photoshop 2015 version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't happen to have any third-party plugins?

A way to check if they are causing this problem, is to hold down the Shift key and start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that and I received a message asking e if I don´t want to load the third part plugins.

But even this way, Photoshop pened and same thing with the scrubby zoom.

Please, any help? What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY it´s working... I deleted everything from adobe (even Acrobat), Deleted all folders on C: and cleaned the register.

Instaled again and now looks like i´ts fixed!

THANK YOU for all help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

False victory! Worked only on the first launch of Photoshop! Now stopped working again!

Please, ANY idea what´s happening?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point use CC 2018 until an update is out for CC 2019.

Also look into this: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did everything on this link, nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I found the problem:

If I lauch Photoshop using the icon on my Cintiq and try use it on Cintiq, Scrubby disappears!

If I launch PS using the icon on my normal monitor and use the software on the monitor, it works!

My Cintiq is plugged in my onboard graphics and the monitor in the Nvidia gtx 1060... so this is should be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good work. I had though you were using one monitor, but a Cintiq does count as a second monitor and that does cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  Does Adobe think that most professionals, who use their software, only use a single monitor and therefore don't have to support this functionality.

Why don't Adobe test their updates before releasing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump -- 

Two years later on their latest CC 2020, with a 1.5 year old Razer 15 Adv laptop, Photoshop still can't pull enough power from a GTX 2070 graphics card to keep scrubby zoom active on two monitors. Yikes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar experience. Every time I create a new file or open a file while Photoshop is on my monitor (connected to my GTX 1650), scrubby works, but if I create a new file or open a file using my display pen tablet (connected to iGPU) scrubby doesn't work. So what I always do is move my Photoshop to my monitor first, create or open file there, then move it to my display pen tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines