Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SDK and scripting

New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm not sure what the Photoshop SDK is used for but can someone please tell me if I can use the SDK to supplement Photoshop scripting since there are many things in Photoshop that scripting doesn't support.

Thanks
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the C SDK is used for writing plugins to enhance Photoshop. Not plug-ins to enhance scripting. The scripting interface for example is implemented in a plug-in. ScriptingSupport plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2008 Jun 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> I'm not sure what the Photoshop SDK is used for but can someone please tell me if I can use the SDK to supplement Photoshop scripting since there are many things in Photoshop that scripting doesn't support.

If you need to extend the JS interfaces in PS, you can build and load external
C/C++ code and libraries into a JS interpreter. It's described in the JavaScript
Tools Guide CS3.pdf in Chapter 7. It doesn't appear from what's in the docs or
in what Tom said that getting to access to the PS SDK from one of these external
libs is possible. It would be nice, but even if it were possible, there are some
serious restrictions on the JS object model actually supported by this interface.

-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines