• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seamless gif from mp4

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was made in After effects, exported as an mp4, sent to Photoshop to be converted to a gif, problem is it is supposed to loop seamlessly without 1 frame flicker that happens at the end before starting the next loop. 

The second file (comp-1-seamless.gif) is the result i am looking to achieve, you can see you can't tell the beginning or the end of the loop, but it has a small opacity problem that i can't ignore.

Please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your After Effects composition look the way that you want, but you're not getting the result you want from Photoshop when exporting an animated GIF? If that's the case, then instead of using Photoshop, export from After Effects using Adobe Media Encoder. In After Effects with your composition seleced, you would go to File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue... When Adob e Media Encoder opens (you'll need to have it installed from your Creative Cloud Desktop Application), go to the Queue panel, and use the first dropdown menu or click on the item in the Format column to select Animated GIF, use the 2nd dropdown or click on the item in the Preset column to change the preset or modify it as desired, and click on the third item to set the name of the animated GIF and where it will be saved. Click the green triangle in the upper right of the Queue panel to start the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response. It does the flicker thing when i tried that too(animated gif on ME), coupled with other problems like quality and file size 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it may be an issue with how the animation is set up then. You might post some screenshots of how you have it set up in Photoshop and what your export settings are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Myra, Thank you so much for your support so far, please see screenshots below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another screenshot for the method that got me the seamless loop but with an opacity problem.

Got the method here https://youtu.be/bq14Wf7R1WE?si=xJVjwZ7dhdmtoROb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines