Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask in photoshop CC not working on a MacBook Pro

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something has gone wrong  on my Mac book pro.  The refine edge   in PSCC in the select and mask will not do anything at all, I can run the refine edge brush over the edge but nothing happens.  If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Thank you.

Maggie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences.

Preferences in Photoshop

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, will I lose any brushes or actions if I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your brushes and actions to a separate folder. I have a dedicated folder for all of my custom adobe stuff.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Refine edge can be very processor intensive, and  give the appearance of not working. The cursor flashing a  hexagon of 10 grey circles, warns you of the processing. I often to pull down a menu once to verify if Photoshop is ready for the next refine edge brush stroke, and it appears to focus Phothsop processing on finishing the refine edge.

I  single long strokes along the edge, and avoid multiple clicks that slow down the computer and have me lose track of how my results are performing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines