• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Subject not working properly for Apple M1 Max 16"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates to fix the select subject.

I am using Apple M1 Max on Monterey.

Currently using Photoshop 23.1.1 release.

See attachment.

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the the universal version and it doesnt work for me at all. All my Adobe software is up to date. Can you show me what exactkly youve done to verify the version you run??? Are you using camera raw via bridge or is it working in LightRoom. I do not use LR but ive read it works there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any way you could show how to do this?? I use the AI masks in bridge and in ps and they both are not as good as my intel MBP. Im sure its got somwething to do wihtt this. How do I make sure that it has the correct settings?? Thanks I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select you PS app and press cmd+i (to get info).

See screen shot attached

Open using Rosetta should be deselected if you're using an Apple silicon machine

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 08.17.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the answer. I did what you said here but I still hgave the same issue.

its strange because opening camera raw for raw files via bridge "COMMAND R" gives a completely different result thna if I open camera raw  as if i was going to open in Photoshop "COMMAND O" I've attched two files below using both methods. the one using the "COMMAND O" option is much better but still not as good as my previous I7 processor on my 2016 MBP. Im currently on a 2021 M1 Max 16"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since upgrading to Windows 11. Latest version of PS. Select Subject seems completely random, regardless of image and contrast. Regular selection still works, but is slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this problem has been resolved or if someone has given this solution, but a work around is to NOT use the menu item, Select > Select Subject. Instead, select the Magic Wand tool. Then in the Options Bar (top center) click and hold the little "v" symbol to toggle open the menu. Change from "Device (Quicker results) to Cloud (Detailed results). Then click the Select Subject button and you should get a significantly better selection.
Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 10.24.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not really doing anything different than the menu command. You can also set Cloud to be the default by changing the pref in Preferences>Image Processing>Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Earth Oliver. Thanks for the tip about changing that setting in the preferences! I am on a Mac Studio still running Monterey and for me the menu command gives me a "garbage" selection just like the Magic Wand - Device selection does. The Magic Wand - Cloud selection does the job perfectly. Sorry, it doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated and made sure it was the universal version...problem persisted. I turned off Rosetta and it works perfectly. Problem is, I commonly use a legacy plugin (Delicious Retouch) that doesn't appear as an option without Rosetta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines