• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected font failed during last operation

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i'm trying to use the text tool I get the 'Selected font failed during last operation' message.

How can i fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

I had the same error and searched for all the solutions, but nothing.

The font test script gave me same error message

- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\tmp00000001

And of course, there were no tmpxxx files in any photoshop folder in my computer.

After long searches and trying solutions, I opened the file on another computer running photoshop, identified all the font

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

So far we know you were using some text tool most like one of Photoshop tool ini some version of Photoshop.  What font, what tools and text options were you using. What Platform. Did yu run the font test in Photoshop Help menu if there is one in your version of Photoshop. There is also a font test script  that you can download from Adobe

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro 6.1.7601 SP 1 build 7601

Photoshop CC 2014.2.1

This is a clean install of photoshop. No plug-ins have been added, no fonts have been activated/added to system and no preferences have been changed from defaults.

When I open a .psd created on OSX I first get the "Some text layers might need to be updated before they can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update these layers now? [No] [Update]" warning. Clicking 'Update' crashes the file and shows the "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font." error.

If I re-open the file and this time click 'No' EVERY SINGLE CLICK ON ANYTHING produces the "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font." error.

Selecting a Layer then gives the, "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists, remove any third-party plug-ins or try reinstalling Photoshop." error.

Reinstalling does nothing to fix the issue and again, this is a clean install.

I've worked with Photoshop for over 20 years and have never seen anything like this. Normally when there's any kind of font mismatch between two systems no matter if its windows to windows or mac to windows, the font simply defaults to the system default once you attempt to edit it. Adobe has broken a once killer app.

Now, as far as the Font Test... script, if I leave "Clear Font Cache" checked and click Start, I get the error,

"Failed to get the path for font cache files:

Please delete the files manually to clear font cache.

Even with show hidden files turned on there is no folder or file by that name.

If I uncheck "Clear Font Cache" then says every single one of my fonts is damaged. My system fonts folder only includes those installed by windows and its apps.

Please please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed but shutting off Generator in the preferences (which I have no idea why would be enabled by default) at least allowed me to choose not to update layers and work with the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where exacly do you desable this features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue, I tried all the mentioned solution, to clear font cache, deleting CTfont Support folder etc. 

But, again it was same. 

So, you know all time famous bug fix for stuck thing (Ctl+Alt+Delete) sort stuff, means if bugs are not going away then just dry clean the balnket, renew it.

So, I just uninstalled my Adobe Photoshop CC2020 (Windows 10 Pro) 

But make sure you CHOOSE TO UNINSTALL WHILE KEEPING NO SETTINGS AND INETRFACE ETC.

then Restart the system, 

Re-Install the ADOBE CC with the alrady logged in Adobe Creative Cloud 

It shold fix this stubborn proble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error and searched for all the solutions, but nothing.

The font test script gave me same error message

And of course, there were no tmpxxx files in any photoshop folder in my computer.

After long searches and trying solutions, I opened the file on another computer running photoshop, identified all the fonts used in the PSD and delete the fonts from windows font folder ( I had to rename the fonts because every time I tried it keept saying that the font is being in use - to rename, you have to rightclick > properties > and change the name in the input field ).

Still same error, even if I didn't have the fonts.

After that, I tried this, and thanks God I found how to clear photoshop's font cache:

1. Exit Photoshop and the Creative Cloud desktop app (if installed).
  2. Navigate to the appropriate folder
    • Photoshop CS6 and earlier
      Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe
      Windows 7: \Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe
    • Photoshop CC and CC 2014
      Windows 7 and 8: \Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC or CC 2014
  3. Delete the TypeSupport folder (Photoshop CS6 and earlier) or the CT Font Cache folder (Photoshop CC and CC 2014), and empty the trash.

TADA, it's working now.

Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much vladb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea where this TypeSupport Folder is located on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this database file located on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​FOR MAC DO THIS:

GO TO APPLICATIONS. THEN RIGHT CLICK ON PHOTOSHOP AND CLICK "SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS". YOU WILL SEE CONTENT FOLDER. OPEN IT. GO TO THE "REQUIRED FOLDER". YOU WILL FIND IT THERE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thomas,

found the typesupport folder, however i m still unsure as to whether delete it completely if it doesnt solve the issue. for reference i m using photoshop 2021. please respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a Million!!! Adobe should have this fixed!!!! NO REASON to pay so much for a program and have this issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works perfectly!!

Thank you.:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much!
this worked very well and it solved my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the first step "close Photoshop" can't be performed, because I get this error each time I try to save my file. Can't close until I save, can't save until I fix the font, can't fix the font unless I close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your text. Switch to another font--any other font. Don't touch the formatting.

Save. Close. Follow other troubleshooting steps.

Load up file. Select text. Switch back to original font. All formatting should be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This solved the problem for me with Photoshop 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius fix! Worked right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Thanks for sharing this tip. I've FOUND ANOTHER SOLUTION that worked for me that is less invasive and it doesn't require to delete the Type Support folder. It works best if the error persists just for a few fonts and not for all of them. I've noticed that I only had the error come up for 2 fonts- I wasn't able to open files that contained those but the rest of the files were fine. Thus I went and uninstalled those 2 fonts and then intalled them back and IT WORKED. I am on Windows 10 and I have Adobe CC. So what I've done is: I went to computer Settings> Personalisation> Fonts > then I've found the fonts that were creating errors> clicked on them> under metadata I clicked "Uninstall" for all of the versions > exited Photoshop >then went on and reinstalled the fonts > PROBLEM SORTED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you find Settings to begin with? I can't find it anywhere to be able to try to follow this. Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, except the TypeSupport folder was just under "Adobe" and not "Adobe Photoshop 2021." Maybe that's just how it works for the 2021 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is this, because I can't find it Adobe Photoshop 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines