Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting objects in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me?

I've been working with Photoshop for years and suddenly am unable to select objects easily anymore. There is a blue outline that appears in a psychotic mad random fashion that you are supposed to click on when it appears but I have found this to be almost impossible. Used to be you could click on an object, select it easily, move it or do whatever you needed to do with it. Now it takes miracle to get that object selected. What happened? Am I doing something wrong? The only way I can get an object selected now is to do a CTRL -T and then it moves easily. But that's a pain in the ...... To just click and drag no longer seems to work anymore.

Again...is it just me or have others experienced this as well? Alternatively, maybe there's a trick to it that I don't know about. Please share. I'm as frustrated as I can be with this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is functioning correctly on my end. Could you kindly share a screenshot showing the expanded Layers panel to demonstrate the issue you are facing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@krne 

With the move tool selected, look at the dropdown menu in the upper left of the toolbar for auto select and the various options in gear/cog icon on the upper right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it just me?

No, several other Photoshop users who did not keep up on new features also appeared to be confused by »Show layer bounds on hover«. 

And moving »Show transform controls« into a pop-up menu from directly in the Options Bar does admittedly seem a bit befuddling to me. 

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 15.52.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines