• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection brush tool to make an adjustment layer that would work like masking tool Lightroom Clas

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a selection tool in PS that works like the masking tool in LRC.

OR, I'd like to have both Vibrance and individual color sliders added to the masking adjustment options in LRC.

I have to correct color contamination from shooting fast-moving animals under fluorescent lighting.

Being able to remove specific colors from very specific areas of an image would be so much easier than using the currently available options in LRC. 

Using the current selection and masking options in PS would be so time-consuming to do the type of adjustments that I need to do that I couldn't afford to do the type of work that I do. 

Please add a selection tool that's a brush to PS or add vibrance and individual color sliders to the current making options in LRC.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Please add a selection tool that's a brush to PS or add vibrance and individual color sliders to the current making options in LRC. 

By @LindaCinMaine

There are several ways to select with a brush in Photoshop already. In all cases, type D to reset your swatches in the Tools panel and X to switch between them.

• Enter Quick Mask mode with the Quick Mask tool or typing Q. Paint with the Brush tool. Exit the same way.
  • Create a layer mask and paint on the layer mask.
  • Adjustment layers come with a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add a selection tool that's a brush to PS or add vibrance and individual color sliders to the current making options in LRC. 

By @LindaCinMaine

There are several ways to select with a brush in Photoshop already. In all cases, type D to reset your swatches in the Tools panel and X to switch between them.

• Enter Quick Mask mode with the Quick Mask tool or typing Q. Paint with the Brush tool. Exit the same way.
  • Create a layer mask and paint on the layer mask.
  • Adjustment layers come with a mask. Paint on it with the brush using black or white (or drag out a black & white gradient)
  • Create an alpha channel and paint on the alpha channel.

To make a request for LR Classic, you need to go to the Lightroom Classic forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/ct-p/ct-lightroom-classic

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Jane,
That's going to make my life so much easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines