• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Photoshop CS6 as default

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lots of JPG files that are"sort of one-of. All I need to do is open, crop, and print. I am trying to set Photoshop CS6 as the default for opening JPG files. I got through the "Open with" process to specify C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64) bit/Photoshop.exe but it doesn't show up on the Open with list.

I have also been through the Control Pane > Default Programs > Set Acccociations which takes to the Open with window. I select there and get the same result; i.e., Photoshop CS6 never shows up on the list of programs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you again TinusHDCA.

Your idea worked. Now I have the option to open most image files using the "Open with" dialog(right click on mouse pointed at file) and be able to choose CS5 or CS6. I've been using CS5 Extended for a while and created 3D images that won't open in CS6 Standard. I purchased the Design Standard CS6 suite for it's Illustrator program but now I see I need to keep Photoshop CS5 on my PC for the 3D.

Many thanks, RMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you.  This has been driving me nuts!  Finally using dytb2012's explanation of what to change in the registry, I have gotten it to work.  When is Adobe going to address this problem and fix it.  What a pain it has been.  Thank you all again.  All good ideas but this little hidden change really worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines