• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting so that Lasso tool will not automatically close upon release

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using photoshop mainly to draw and make art. I'm sure most who have tried procreate's selection tool know its superiority. the thing is in procreate you can lift you pen while using lasso tool. It will only close when you accepted it. in photoshop when i'm selecting i have to make a continuous stroke or it will close and it's not convenient.

nor is it convenient to use add/substract.

If anyone know how to modify the lasso tool so it doesnt automatically close i would be very grateful

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have option in Preferences to make Lasso works like it does in some other non-Adobe applications, if that is what you want to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try learning/using the Pen tool instead of the Lasso. We've been asking Adobe to improve the Lasso for decades and they've so far not been interested in making it less frustrating to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default82djspcod81t wrote:

If anyone know how to modify the lasso tool so it doesnt automatically close i would be very grateful

You could use the Polygonal Lasso tool instead. It closes when you click once on the beginning point or double-click anywhere.

Another idea is that if you hold the Alt key while while using the Lasso tool, it toggles to the Polygonal Lasso tool. So if you hold down the Alt key first, you can then release the mouse without closing the selection. Practice a few times first. It may take a few days for the "muscle memory" to kick in, but give it a little time.

The Alt key also toggles the Polygonal Lasso tool to the Lasso tool.

Adding and Subtracting is not convenient? How so? You use Shift or Alt and any selection tool. Maybe we can help you with this part if you explain where you are having trouble.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much; that really helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @Cat264586224ber 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines