• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift + Enter as keyboard shortcut for Fill

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my copies of Photoshop on both Mac and PC Shift + Enter work the same as Shift + F5, as a keyboard shortcut for Edit -> Fill. However, when I work on somebody else's machine Shift  + Enter does not. Can I enable it somehow? I have not edited the keyboard shortcuts on my machines so don't understand the inconsistency.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's supposed to be either Shift+F5 or Shift+Backspace (Shift+Delete mac) to show the Edit>Fill dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I am used to. Not sure why it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you add any third party panels or shortcuts?

Are you keyboard shortcuts set to default (Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is interesting because in Edit->Keyboard Shortcuts for Fill on my machine I see only Shift-F5, not Shift-Delete (yet both work). If I try to add Shift-Delete it gives me an error that menu shortcuts must contain a Cmd or F key.

I doubt that the machine on which Shift-Delete is not working has third party panels or is using anything other than the default shortcuts because it is on the machine of a student who is a real beginner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines