Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift key glitch with Wacom tablet

New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to fix this issue for days.

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 4.45.16 PM.png

Whenever I try and draw using my Wacom Intuos, this keeps happening. I already uninstalled Photoshop, went from a CS6 to installing CS5. Uninstalled and installed the Wacom driver thinking perhaps that's the problem.

I also tried checking on the Shift keys on my MacBook Air, but it's working fine.

This happens whenever I plug in the tablet and use it on Photoshop that it begins acting up until irregular capitalizations of letters start happening. I eventually have to restart my Mac and unplug the tablet.

I'd love some help, thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be very specific about the issue please?  Are you drawing while holding down shift, or touching down, and Shift touching elsewhere on the canvas?  What exactly is the glitch?

Is this happening with both CS6 and CS5?

What version of OSX are you using?

Do you have all the updates for Photoshop, and operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem! I actually got locked out of my computer for about 30 minutes because the shift key was stuck. I uninstalled the tablet software and now everything is fine, but I can't use my new tablet! Super upset. Wacom needs to fix their software. It's not an issue with Creative Cloud- I wasn't even using any CC software when this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for months on Adobe CC (Windows 10). Shift zoom or holding shift to draw a line from one point to another. I've tried everything. Same thing happens if I try the Alt shortcut to drag a selection or hold shift to add to selections.

I've tried multiple wacoms and same issue arises. This issue does not happen on CS6 (Windows 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom software does not play nice with window 10 OS

Blame Microsoft not Wacom

Windows 10 keeps trying to steal the touch function when using a a tablet, any tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to uninstall your current wacom driver, and install the older driver (6.3.15-2)

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, changed keyboard but it still occurs.

Running OS X El Capitan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also experiencing this behavior when holding shift & alt in photoshop

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem..

seems like there is no way to fix it, now my 400 Wacom tablet is useless..

MacOS Sierra 10.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and tried absolutely everything I could think of, resetting and reinstalling and so on. Turned out the fix was to turn touch on and off with the switch on the side...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem with my Wacom Intuos (older model). I tried everything trying to figure out if it was a problem with the software or the operating system or the Wacom Board....

The problem was that I had accidentally held down the shift key (which locked it). For me, I solved it by holding down the (physical button) shift key (on the Wacom Board obviously) to turn off the Shift Lock. Hope this helps someone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines