• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut for enter key?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly double-tap the enter key as my unselect (because of my shortcut gadget layout), but this triggers the shortcut "Selects the first edit field of the toolbar" which prevents me from drawing anything until I press enter again. This is a really minor issue that simply annoys me a little every time I use select.

Any suggestions on how to disable this shortcut?

I'm on windows and the newest patch but it has been a problem since I started using photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think there’s any way to disable the Enter shortcut that selects the first field. It seems to be in the set of keyboard shortcuts and gestures in Photoshop that are hard-coded.

What action exactly is mapped to your “unselect” shortcut? Is it:

• OK, or the [√] Apply button on the options bar, or the Enter key
  • Cancel or ([x] button), or the Esc key
  • Select > Deselect (a marquee selection)
  • Select > Deselect All Layers

This may be important in case there is a better shortcut for the particular way you are “unselecting.” If there is a better or more appropriate shortcut, you might be able to avoid conflicting with the long-established Enter key shortcut.

For example, you say you map it to the Enter key, but in Photoshop that does not map to any of the actual deselect shortcuts. The Enter key is a shortcut for OK/Apply. Deselecting is only a side effect of applying the pending edit, so using the Enter key also means you want to apply any pending changes. If you want a pure deselect that does not change the state, mapping to a different shortcut might be more appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines