• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts not working, at least not A-Z keys.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday Photoshop worked fine, all my Ctrl-X and shortcuts worked perfectly. Today when i opened up photoshop nothing worked, shortcuts only worked if they required pressing buttons that arent normal letters. For example, Ctrl-Z would not work but if I bound "undo" to for examle F1, it'd work perfectly. I did not even have the option to change keybinds to Ctrl-*insert any letter*. I could only bind keys to F1. F2 etc.

Solutions I've tried -

Restarting PC

Uninstalled PS and Creative Cloud and installed again

Tried different versions of Photoshop CC

Updated Photoshop CC to current version

Reinstalling Wacom drivers

Resetting PS settings

I have no clue what to do, especially since it all worked perfectly yesterday. I can't keep using Photoshop if this isn't solved. If you need more information on my issue please comment down below, I have never had to troubleshoot anythimg before so I'm unsure on what information I need to provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - have you tried deleting your Settings file? Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift at startup and when you are prompted to delete the Settings file, click Yes. If that doesn't work then I suggest at least trying an alternate keyboard to make sure it is not your keyboard causing the issue. Also see this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It ended up working for a few days, and now without me doing anything it stopped working. Ive tried deleting the Settings file yes, and my keyboard has no faults as it works as intended in every app but Adobe apps.

But now it's back to not working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines