Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since CC2019 update – problems with smart objects in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

after not finding anything in the www, I'm asking you in here. Hopefully someone has a solution.

Since updating to CC2019, all pixel images that have been converted to smart objects before the update, suddenly are opened as cropped images in Illustrator, not anymore in Photoshop – where they were created. And curiously they even have an .ai ending now, which is weird, as before it was .psb.

All smart objects created after the update don't have that problem – they are opened with the right software.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the latest Photoshop CC, I tried to open my old smart objects projects but they're all .psb! It would be helpfull to have your .psd file. The weird thing is that even though .psb file open in Illustrator are always .psb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sound like file type .psb is now associated with AI on your machine not Photoshop.  Photoshop creates a temp work file for your smart object layer's object "users\user name\temp path \Object Name.psb"  and then open that file by tossing it to your system so it will open in the application associated with .psb.  In the past that was Photoshop one your machine now its AI.

If you installed AI the may have changed the association if you uninstall a version of Photoshop it may have changed the association.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines