• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small psd needing to be saved as a PSB

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having trouble saving any small PSD file, as it keeps saying that it exceeds 2G when it contains only layers of small images which should add up to not more than 500MB max! It happened to me several times and online support has not been able to identify or fix this problem. I am currently saving PSB but it's not the solution to my problem of course, as I end up having to delete entire working files in order to preserve hard disk space. This saving issue cropped up after an update some months ago.  Has anyone come across it and solved it, please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We tried to establish if there was excessive photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata earlier in the thread, and this did not appear to be the case. For this specific metadata bloat issue, many methods are covered in my blogpost on the topic:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/06/metadata-bloat-photoshopdocumentancestors.html

I have never heard of any other specific metadata issue, however, if this is the case then a different script or method would be required to target the unknown metadata.

The easiest way is to select all layers and then use Layer > Duplicate to duplicate the layers to a new file (don't duplicate the image). This is easy enough to do manually, however, a scripted version of this can be found here:

https://github.com/MarshySwamp/Remove-All-Metadata-Retain-Layers/blob/main/Remove%20All%20Metadata%2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines