• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart object, color correction, inexplicable behavior!

Explorer ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to figuring out what is happening with photos that we gave in outsource:

ps1.png

On left there is the original embed picture, to the right the smart object which apparently doesn't have any filter in act.

ps2.png

Even in the embed picture (left) there is anything unusal, looks just a normal picture but...

ps3.png

Whatever stupid change I did, after saving the embed file the smart object loses its color correction...

What is happening in here? This is driving me crazy, I am just curious...

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe check both images to see if the color profiles match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both images use AdobeRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any color profile should be correctly handled, whatever it is. If different profiles produce different appearances, then something is not working as it should.

A missing profile could cause a color change - but then the histograms would be identical. They aren't here, they are distinctly different (and consistent with the color difference).

A master smart object file won't update until the embedded ("child") object is saved and closed. But here they are both open and visible? So what happened before screenshot #1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not know, pictures were been corrected since are green-y. Where this correction was made is the mistery since I don't see any "knobs"... Might be the picture edited before in Lightroom and later worked in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I won't there is not anything in properties, options, channels etc...

Looks like PS has some hidden option to apply "modification" but to remove the editability... Unless does exist third party plugings that actually did such kind of stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit: I apologize, I had overlooked that no Adjustment Layers were in the Smart Object. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No use to you now, but my sloppy reading made me suspect a display related issue at certain magnifications, see gif below. 

My bad. 

As the Smart Object contains just one Layer I suspect a mystifying disconnect between the instance in the containing document and the SO itself. 

I think I have observed something similar a while back but wasn’t able to reproduce it. 

Did you keep a copy of the document with the faulty display? 

adjustmentEffectAtView50Percent.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines