• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart object function doesn't work

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! I'm trying to apply an action on a image in photoshop but in the middle of the process it select a layer and try to convert to smart object, however it simply doesn't do anything even if i try to do it manually, it's like the function was gone from software (with any layer i try, trust me) i tryed to uninstall and install it again and the problem still there. I don't know how to fix it!! please can someone help me? (i'm trying to apply a post apocalyptic action effect called "after human", just saying if there's a chance the problem be relatable)Captura de tela 2023-02-03 230913.png

Otvio5DD6_0-1675476419070.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

I am just curious what is the purpose of Convert to Smart Object when the next step is Rasterize current layer? Perhaps the action is converting then rasterizing and effectivelly it does nothing? However, if you can not convert to SM using the manual method then there must be some problem on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does converting to Smart Object work if you are not using the Action? If so, there may be a step in the Action that needs to be edited. You could try recreating the Action from scratch.

If that doesn't work, you could try uninstall/reinstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. It has a bat file that can get rid of problems so it is different than a regular uninstall/reinstall. Instructions are at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Otávio the nice one  before you uninstall everything, I'd like you to try to to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

And I guess that you tried to use the function on a default standard file preset?

What is your exact version of Photoshop (help/system info gives it on the first line)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just curious what is the purpose of Convert to Smart Object when the next step is Rasterize current layer? Perhaps the action is converting then rasterizing and effectivelly it does nothing? However, if you can not convert to SM using the manual method then there must be some problem on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using the newest versgion of photoshop, CC 2023. i think i gonna do what you said, i tried to apply a different action from the same creator of this effect and it worked, so i'm very confused! if i try to convert to smart object OUT of that action it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, below the highlighted step in your screenshot is a  Rasterize current layer step. Click on the left side of Rasterize current layer to remove the checkmark so that action will not play that step. Another option is to drag Rasterize current layer to trash can to delete that step. Try disabling this step and if everything works as expected drag it onto the trash can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No reason to be confused. Bojan is spot on: the smart object is killed in the very next step! I have no idea what this action is for, but those two steps defeat their own purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines