• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart object layer not showing icon when dragging and dropping raws files from Bridge

Participant ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I open in PS a raw file via "open with camera raw", it opens as a smart object.

But when I drag and drop the file (or multiple files, since I want each of the raw files to open as smart object layers in a single PS file), the files are not opening as smart objects (I don't see the smart object icon, also if I double click, it doesn't open in CR filter).  

Also, the weird thing as shown in the screen capture below is that in the history, it shows as embedded smart object...

How can I make it so that I can open my raw files as smart objects when I drag and drop them into PS? (My CR settings are to open them automatically as smart objects, as shown below too)

Please advise

I'm in Mac, Catalina,  Photoshop 2022

Thanks

minglessis_0-1651683770113.png

CR settings 

minglessis_1-1651683920727.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

In Photoshop>Preferences>General do you have Always create smart objects when placing unchecked?

pl.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop>Preferences>General do you have Always create smart objects when placing unchecked?

pl.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was and now the problem is solved! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines