• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object message - Could not complete your request because the file was not found

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created hundereds of template using Smart Objects within Photoshop. With update 23.3.2 I am getting an error message on all my files "Could not complete your request because the file was not found" when double clicking to open the smart object to edit or make changes. (See Attached)

Even if I open the smat object and place the orginal image inside, it will not save smart object and update the Photoshop file.

EXAMPLE: Open PS file > Open Smart Object > Make Change > Save > Error Message  > "Could not complete your request because the file was not found"

NOTE: one Smart Object will be duplicated to add other effects, so when you edit one smart object all others update at same time.

This is a MAJOR problem if we can not trust that all the hours of building files for edit and changes, in the future, will not work.

Please Help!!

PS Smart Object Error Message.png

 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to orignal Smart Object issue... The added smart object filter and color adjustments, will NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Smart Objects 'embedded' smart objects? or 'Linked' smart objects? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are these templates being opening from local disk? Do you have a sample that exhibits the problem? And you note the error happens on Open, but then on Save in the EXAMPLE case. Can you clarify when the alert displays? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines