• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart objects get blurred and anti aliasing is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC 2021. When I am using a smart object my it gets blurred. Once I hit ctrl + t to commit a free transform, all the blur gets fixed and once I exit from free transform blur appears again. I have searched online to fix the issue and it says to enable anti aliasing when transforming. But the annoying thing is anti aliasing is greyed out in my Photoshop when I use free transform, so that I can't click on it. I have tried installing a different version of Photoshop, but yet it didn't fix the problem and anti aliasing kept greyed out. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are newer versions of Photoshop, why not upgrade?

Can you post screenshot with entire window and Layers panel visible when you enter Free Transform? I am particulary interested in scaling percentage. It can be that object inside SO is heavily upscaled and thats why you see it blurry.

so scaling factor.png

Please double click on Smart Object thumbnail to enter SO editing mode. Another way is to select smart object layer in the Layers panel then click Edit Contents on Window > Properties. Does it looks blurry? Post screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (284).pngScreenshot (283).pngScreenshot (282).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a mockup. I don't think it is a problem with scaling, because if it is there is no way that preview gets clear when transforming. Plus I didn't changed scaling in the original file. I think it isn't a problem with scaling. Although in this case I could export the preview inside the smart object (like in image no. 2) in many other cases I couldn't do it when there are multiple smart objects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Ctrl + 1 to see if blur is present in 100% preview what is the only measurement scale you should use to judge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those blur effects are from "Smart Filters".
Click the drop down icon on the right side of the layer (Reveals layers effects in the panel).
Then click the eye icon next to the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that looks like an effect added to the smart object - check the layer drop drop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect @Krisatu already solved the issue (Smart Filter) but if not please provide the actual file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines