Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Smudge Tool not working in Photoshop on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Photoshop and worked with other programms before and here i have problems usind the smuding tool. I select it, choose a brush form and then try to use it on artpiece and nothing changes. Did i skip a step or why isnt anything happening?
Ty for ur help

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry that the Smudge tool is not working in Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with the version of Windows you're working on?

Please check the settings you're using for the Smudge tool. You can try changing the Mode & Strength for the tool to check if that makes a difference. Also, please ensure you have the correct layer selected in the layers panel.

PS smudge tool settings.png

If the issue persists, try resetting the tool using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines