• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soft Brushes are not appearing in Photoshop Cs6 !

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image will decribe everything !!

Untitled-1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

i just simply freshly re-instaled my os (operating system) !!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the "gear" in upper right corner.  It will give you a list of other brush palletts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you have the Pencil Tool selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😐 No dude i had double checked it..!! its in brush tool only..!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indexed Color (.gif) or Bitmap mode?

This image will decribe everything !!

Actually, posting a screen grab of the whole document window will be more helpful than just a Preset pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you go Sir..!!
Just a Plain New document  (Ctrl N) ! But no soft brushes,
this i had experienced first time in my life..!

Brush.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you've got me. It's not Indexed or Bitmap.

Try resetting your Preferences:

Quit Photoshop.

Hold down the Shift-Alt-Control keys (Shift-Opt-Command for mac) AS you launch Photoshop (you will get a small dialog to reset your preferences - click OK. If you don't see the dialog, you did not do it right)

Hopefully that will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😕  Nop Sir, reset all the settings even re-installed PS didn't worked.
Os fresh install was only way out,  but it is pain in âss to install all application and make the machine usable,

I'm damm sure there was a easy way out of this problem, but...

If Adobe's developer folks are seeing this post, i suggest a update fix for this !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create ANY transparent or semi-transparent pixels? Like: Is your text anti-aliased? Or can you make a feathered selection on a blank layer and fill with a color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember,

yeah i had used anti-alias in text and scan line pattern and i even created a vignette using feathered selection on my last project,

just last day all worked fine, i think this is some sort of bug!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a bug, you're the only one seeing it.

reset all the settings

So you trashed the preference folder? as per my instructions? (re-installing PS does not reset the preferences)

And your screen shot hides the document title.. what is your Color Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just simply freshly re-instaled my os (operating system) !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it was solved by an OS reinstall?

Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup!  That's what it was!  Color Mode.  I saved an image in "indexed color" and as soon as I switched it to RGB..VOILA!!  There are my soft brushes.  I watched them change immediately.  Of course, I'm not running CS6 but CS5 Extended.  Still worked.  Thanks for the info!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was my issue - i had no idea this is what i had clicked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hapening to me as well on my work and personal system.  2 different installs.  Work uses E-learning Suite.  The only similarity between the systems is the Intuos5 Pad.  Any other work arounds for this?  Really not wanting to reinstall both systems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any of you been able to find a way to sort this out. I really cannot reinstall Windows... Started experiencing this yesterday, i have tried everything i know and the suggestions here but the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's The Proper Solution , It Doesn't Need To Re-Install The OS

Here It Is :

STEP 1 : Open Photoshop

STEP 2 : Click On The Brush Iconbandicam 2016-09-04 00-43-24-360.jpg

STEP 3 : Click On This Arrow

bandicam 2016-09-04 00-46-40-359.jpg

STEP 4 : SELECT THE SETTINGS ICON

bandicam 2016-09-04 00-47-24-703.jpg

STEP 5 : Now Select Reset Brushes

bandicam 2016-09-04 00-49-40-687.jpg

STEP 5 : When You Select Reset Brushes Option , You Will Get A Popup Like This , And Then Select Okbandicam 2016-09-04 00-50-37-597.jpg

STEP 6 : When You Select Ok , It Will Create A ABR File In Your Photoshop CS6 Folder, And The Path This ABR File Will Be Saved Is Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CS6 > Presets > Brushes.

That's It : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. It still stays with hard brushes only, which pretty much sucks. For now I'll try finding other ways to fix this.

EDIT: I found a way to fix this without having to reinstall OS. Simply press Shift + B over and over until it reverts back! (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing weirdness with the brush tool. I have it set on SOFT but it behaves like it is set on DIFFUSION leaving the usual speckled look. This is so aggravating. I just re-installed Adobe Photoshop, re-booted, and am still having the same problem.

ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS FAST !!!! How about a monthly adjustment since you are charging for a buggy product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous, i have a project that needs to been sent to a factory within the hour and i cannot finish without a soft brush! Adobe hot fix ASAP PLEASE!!! This is insane... I'm going to try converting to legacy brush's, if that doesn't work i'm out of idea's. I just installed the newest release Photoshop CC 2018 - Installed on 1/10/2018. So far, i am not happy at all with this release...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have the pencil tool selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines