• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 117 - Be afraid !!

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this weekend includes 31 October, I thought we should have a challenge connected with Halloween. So I've modelled and rendered a moonlit graveyard (using Blender 3D and adding textures in Adobe Substance Painter).

Now it's over to you. Scare us !

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3000 x 2000 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW117Graveyard.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful render Dave 👍

Got the "Here lies Photoshop CS" on one headstone but what's on the other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Ged.

Muse is dead and buried under the other one 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is gorgeous, Dave! We will actually have a full moon on Halloween this year — our second one this month (aka, a blue moon) !

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done for the render Dave.

You left out a tomnstone for Director and Shockwave or is that way in the back? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Headless Horseman appears to have left the race track at Keeneland to continue his ride.

SFTW117Graveyard JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Jane - thanks for getting us started. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week117.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it Rista 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Halloween.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant Trevor - the movement of the bat is excellent

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RightClick for full size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see the smoke but still don't get it mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, what I noticed first was the eye looking upwards with a reflexion at the pupil, and then the mouth with the lower jaw pushed forward, fitting an upward blowing of smoke; and then the other features (suitable for this day, or rather night).

I believe it may depend strongly on screen resolution and size, hence the full size note, (which in some cases can also give the option of zooming a bit further in); you can see also zoom into the original, where it may appear and then fall apart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see it now that you've pointed it out Jacob 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, Dave,

This was a(nother SFTW) surprise, pointing to an unexpected differentness in visual perception, confirmed by my asking a few others. From now on I will try to make sure that I am not just seeing things before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aa-SFTW117Graveyard-Recovered-Recovered.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I do love your illustrations Leslie.  Their hair is very cleverly done.  I'd be pleased to have even half of your talent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it Leslie 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Leslie. Those characters have so much character 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so that is where Photoshop ended up... love it Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Now it's over to you. Scare us !"

I just watched the clip for this scene, and even knowing what to expect, it still scared me !

SFTW117Graveyard JE2.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I saw that hand coming out of the ground I'd be off in the other direction. Nice job Jane 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave! 😊

At the end of Carrie, it grabs her arm and clenches it, so run fast! The character of Carrie was based on two girls King knew in high school, according to my brother-in-law, who was his neighbor.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW117Graveyard2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines