Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 12 - The Dark Side of the Moon

Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There were some excellent images in last week's ballroom challenge . This week I've gone for something a little different.

It is 45 years since Pink Floyd released their album The Dark Side of The Moon. Its songs explored greed, mental illness, the passage of time. The iconic album cover was created by Hipgnosis'  Storm Thorgerson, who designed many album covers with very clever manipulation of photographs, and George Hardie who created the prism artwork. The band requested a "simple and bold" design.

So the challenge this week is this. If you had been asked to come up with the cover design for The Dark Side of The Moon what would you have created?

220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

As usual, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or perhaps bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting your images please use jpeg/png and size at 1200 x 1200 pixels 

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightside of Pandas" - we'll have to sent that to Dave Gilmour and ask him to write a new album for that one Terri. Pink Floyd did release an album called Animals (but no Pandas on it)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

I must admit I don't really get this challenge, what's the significance of the sheep in Trevor's last image-very weird.

I was going to add a speech bubble but decided that young people have been confusing me for years, so time to get my own back.   Animals was the album with Battersea Power Station and an inflatable pig, but I didn't have any pictures of pigs.

Pandas, aren't they cool? I love how panda cubs combine curiosity and clumsiness into cute comic entertainment.   Apparently the most dangerous thing about being a zookeeper in a panda enclosure, is that one of them might fall on your head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines