• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 130 - Royal family?

Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Ged for putting up last weekend's challenge.

This week I bring you two royals. What happens next though? Will it be the battle of the sexes or love at first sight? You decide and show us in your image.

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at 3840 x 2160 pixels, with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW130Chess.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His and Her Royal Highness' Rolls Royce

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look carefully - then I spotted them. Nice one ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just realized that I missed a trick and should have given the cars custom regos.  I did get lucky with the let vehicle's windscreen though.  The original background of the window is almost perfectly aligned with the Buck Palace fence stanchions.  That was pure accident.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they do match in well but the reflexion in the front windscreen of the white car did make me wonder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jewellery for nerdy geeks.   They could make one of these with tiny plastic Donald Trumps, and call it a 'Charmless Bracelet'.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prolific output this weekend Trevor ! The pieces fit well as charms 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this too obvious? 🙂

SFTW130cards.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the only person to think of it Dean, so take the credit.  If you had added some more face cards and arranged them peeping out of a toilet bowl, you could have called it a Royal Flush.

I'll get my coat 😟

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor.

I have heard that often the best buiness ideas are ones that others may say - "Why didn't I think of that?"

I don't think I'll be making a million from this idea though. 🙂 But I'll take the credit for thinking of it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

she does look a bit flushed to me... perhaps he just said something northy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like the king has turned away slighly from the queen. Maybe she said something. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always bonus points for incorporating a previous SFTW image Dean 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is much nicer using the better chess pieces drawn by Dave than the one that went into SFTW120. Nicely done, @Dean_Utian !

4655A084-302F-4177-85BA-C57D24FEF400.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jane-e 

Here's the mirrored version with more of the Queen - King card colours. 🙂

SFTW130cards2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click/RightClick to get closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reflexion is still silver so thats not the gold queen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, thank you very much for your kindness in asking what I needed, way back on the 20th, and I apologize for my failing to give an answer; I simply had no clue what to say.

Even before your asking I had realized that I was unsure, and that getting rid of the black background was far from enough in any case, just a first thought caused by my worrying whether I should have the time to work things out.

Already before this SFTW I was caught up in recurring emergencies, the worst kind being multiple discoveries of frozen burst piping, revealed as thawing set in, with follow up work to keep up heating, in between working on quite different emergency tasks for others; this was the reason for my asking in the first place.

Since then I have kept returning to this crucial task whenever possible, mostly during the dark hours, and I have had to work out new ways (at least new to me).

With regard to the reflexions, I have done my best, hoping to recolour in a tolerable way that is neither overdoing nor underdoing it.

Below, I have added a golden king and a silver queen on either side on a funny and slightly perilous chessboard, for comparison.

As I have (mis)interpreted it, both queens have stronger reflexions than has the king corresponding to whiter even for the golden one unless she is more colourful, and yet the strongest reflexions of the king are whiter than those of the golden queen, and hers also has a similar overall tinge, as I see them.

Click/RightClick to get closer, or Click Her to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just not sure if the queen is gold or the silver one pretending?

your image is fine mate... reflexion can be tricky but I'll have a crack at it

130c-rendor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one for this weekend.

SFTW130ChessFamily.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The family have arrived for the weekend Dean !  Nice job with the reflections 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.

Thought the family needed to expand 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes they are a chip off the old block

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With hopes that it's still the weekend! 😊

SFTW130Chess 2  JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always a weekend here Jane 🙂 Thanks for keeping this going, I'll put up a new challenge tomorrow.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Jane. Reminds me I need to get a new lamp. Can I put in an order? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines