• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 14 - Trouble at mill!

Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's a rainy day at this mill and the doors are tightly shut. Can you open the doors and show us what is happening inside, or even cut away the whole wall and give us a perfect view of the interior?

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW14WaterMillA.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow... one good wave and down she goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I like the idea of that one Trevor.

I'll post the new one very shortly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, Trevor, and good reflection!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice water wheels, Pete and Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stays with the time theme... this steampunk gauge keeps good time

mill2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad I never have time to contribute to these - this last one was fun to watch!

But let's face it, the general ambition level has gone up by now, to the point where you really need to invest a few hours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean, we'll soon have full motion graphics from the After Effects experts.  That said, I hope we don't put beginners off from joining in. All are welcome.

The new challenge (SFTW part 15)  is up now and should be suitable for everyone from complete newbie to Photoshop guru !

Also - anyone is welcome to set a challenge. I tend to put these  these if no-one else comes forward - but if you have an image for a future week - just let me know.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

Too bad I never have time to contribute to these - this last one was fun to watch!

But let's face it, the general ambition level has gone up by now, to the point where you really need to invest a few hours...

That puts me in mind of the protests made about the cost of RAF rescue helicopters plucking lost and injured hikers and climbers from Snowdonia and Scottish highlands.  It turns out that the crews had to practice on a daily basis to stay sharp, so they might as well do it with real life situations.  I've learned some useful new skills from the SFTW challenges, both from working stuff out for myself, but also from other people's images.  By far the worst aspect of the challenges is the time it takes finding suitable source images, and that's especially true when strong perspectives are involved.  I think I have spent as much time doing that as I have illustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right Trevor, finding a good, highquality source is half the battle.

Protip on google image searching for sources, set the quality to medium or large for best results (Tools > Size > Large). A low quality source image will be too hard to work with.

Does anybody else remember worth1000? (I used to spend a lot of time there voting and competing way back in the day when I answered support calls for Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines