• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 159 - Going up in the world!

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First of all thanks to @jane-e and @Trevor.Dennis for bringing us the last two challenges, also to all those who took part in them.

I got the idea for this week's starter image when thinking about the last perspective challenge. So I bring you this scene of an empty lift (elevator for my friends over the Atlantic). What can you now do with it?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to have to add this last one but it has come to light that some of the starter images have been taken (not by our regular participants) for other uses without permission.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW159_Going_Up.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 103 Replies 103
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost closed your page when the image changed. I hadn't realised it was animated. I like the view of the ocean. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like the ocean too, Dean, and when I came up with the title A room with a view, I remembered SFTW 59 (hence the woolly indicator), with Findhorn Beach,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/something-for-the-weekend-part-59-a-r...

That was the reason for my giving it 10 seconds; and I almost ran out of luck.

The challenge for me (on all floors) was that the bottom of the view is very close to the horizon corresponding to someone sitting down (as in the starter picture and all the others).

I managed to have the Armadillo (SEC) included on the other floors (too faint and far away to be visible on the 9th floor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a go at trying to recreate Dave's render with some changes 😀

Render1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Ged 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice render Ged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A beautiful render Ged, and so very you.  We have never seen a picture of you, but if we had one it would be very close to Liam Neeson with a Dali mustache.  I dread to think what your 'particular set of skills' would be. 😉

image.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

A beautiful render Ged, and so very you.  We have never seen a picture of you, 

We have, Trevor. Ged was showcased in the January / February Newsletter !

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/%EF%B8%8F-photoshop-newsletter-januar...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness!  You are in so much trouble now Ged.  😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

I'm the crocodile BTW, haven't a clue who that guy is 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nice write-up Ged !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so going to make that joke Ged. 🙂  I like the elevator wall texture.  I looks like the sound deadening covering an anechoic chamber.  It probably says something about me, but I saw that as absorbing the screams of the people unwise enough to enter the elevator.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The art work on the wall looks great. I don't think I'd like to step in the elevator though. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm buying a stairwell to ...

SFTW159_Going_Up JE02.jpg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anticipated traffic numbers define the method of transport. 
That's why there is a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In perspective too Jane 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm, I didn’t think anyone was going to notice your small gray buttons on a gray wall, so I've fixed them for you. Is big, blue, and obnoxious good?

SFTW159_Going_Up JE03.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - very topical Jane 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit late but better late than never 🙂

Here's to 'keep going'.

SFTW159_Going_UpBack.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder how long you'd have to wait for them to line up with some were going up and some going down. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kind of spooky as well Dean.   We need someone to do a Drost effect now.  This is quick and dirty but a lot more could be done

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered how many levels I should insert, I've added a few more and straightened one.

My inspiration was a recent Zoom meeting where the person shared his screen showing him sharing his screen that was sharing the screen.....

SFTW159_Going_Up2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired....on a zoom meeting? Now that's a novelty 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love playing with this kind of effect. Here is an image I made recently (not related to this SFTW):

2022-02-12 12-44-21 (C_Smoothing1)-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines