• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 160 - Stay sharp!

Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks to all who took part in our last 'elevator' challenge, there were some great ideas and images.

This week we start with a safety pin. What can you make with this simple object?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser). On opening, you should also find a path in the paths panel should you wish to use it to create a mask.

SFTW160_Safety_Pin.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 126 Replies 126
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob wrote:

I prefer this version:

If you like Johnny Cash’s version of The Ballad of Ira Hayes best, Bob, you are in good company, as many people do. A lot of people also think he wrote it, just as they think he wrote Ring of Fire.

Before I posted, I listened to Peter LaFarge, Pete Seeger, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Kris Kristofferson, and Hazel Dickens, and have listed them here in the order I liked them. I was paying attention to the pacing, tone, crescendos & decrescendos, and the way different words were emphasized.

I’ve listened to them all again today plus a seventh version. The only thing that's changed in my ranking is that Kink_y Friedman is now tied with Peter LaFarge for first place. His version is amazing!

They are all worth listening to. The U.S. is still shameful with the way it treats its veterans.

~ Jane

The Nanny Filter didn't like his first name !

C19F563C-99AF-4F9B-A45B-A1DEDB8CF49B.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's clever.  Could you add the flag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor. I considered adding the flag, but I was afraid that it would take away from the concept I was going for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that. The two images fit together very well!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ultimate saftety pin test

Click/RightClick to get closer, and Click again to get closer still; Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume that ballon is a dog with nose piercing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, Graham.

A safety pin nose piercing a balloon dog able to carry a coat hanger (139) and a clown in a basket (72) over the mountains (127) without any hydrogen leaking must be the ultimate safety pin (test).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW160_Safety_Pin_Aviles.jpg

Safety pins are always useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a thread about pointillism art just recently.  It's great see more SFTW images with an art feel to them.

Note: my cat is helping me type this.  Thank you Joe, but you need some more typing lessons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW160_Safety_Pin_Aviles_2.jpg

He can only play sharp notes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clever — both image and comment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly, Jane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¸¸.•*´¯`★ THIS is so  F U N  !!!  ¸¸.•*´¯`

-murphy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, well seen.  That really works with the shape of the pin, and the sharp notes comment topped it off nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Rafael. Great image 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Trevor and Dean, I appreciate your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good Rafael , in both idea and execution !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave. Your renders are quite inspiring!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rafael Aviles wrote:

Thank you Dave. Your renders are quite inspiring!

I agree Rafael — it's not only fun to try to think of something, it's so much fun to see what everyone else comes up with! 

Thanks Dave!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something for the weekend on Thursday.
Skiier Photo by Maarten Duineveld on Unsplash

SFTW160_SafetyPinSkii.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another. I have seen somehing similar. Thought I'd have a go. The challenge was to bend the arm, Can anyone suggest the best way to to this? 

SFTW160_Safety_Pin2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked twice then burst out laughing. Excellent idea Dean 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.

It could be one of those images where people see different things and that says something about their personality. I did it with one thing in mind but now see something else. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, I still (prefer and return to) see it as you had in mind and as I believe Dave and maybe Trevor (whose mentioning Ged makes me wonder though) also saw it, rather than what you saw afterwards which only occured to me after you (un)mentioned it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines