• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 163 - Gone fishin'

Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last corkscrew challenge I thought we should get out into the big outdoors for some fresh air. So this week we have a springtime lake. Can you place yourself, or anyone else in the scene?

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size and with a transparent background, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW163Lake_in_Mountains.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 116 Replies 116
Advocate ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW163Lake_in_Mountains-2.jpg

The comet missed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was close !!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafael, ROTF. 😂

Trevor’s comet had a better shot.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW163V1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this post disappear then re-appear Ged ?

It reminds me when we were kids and we had card scenes with characters that you transferred onto the card by rubbing with a ball point pen. I'm not sure what they were called 🙂

That fisherman looks like he has been waiting a while to catch something !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sorry about that Dave, wasn't sure if I acutally liked it when I posted it first, it was one of them not sure moments 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, would you mind explaining how you created the clouds, I understand most of what you did from your Blender screenshot but I'm puzzled by the clouds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. The clouds are simple cuboid shapes but instead of using a surface shader to add texture to the surface, I used a volume shader to add 'solidity' inside the cube. That has a density input which I fed using a noise texture through a mapping node and a gradient texture node. Play with the noise and mapping to shape the cloud and the multiply node to control how thick the cloud is. The node set up is below.

2022-05-28_16-17-31.jpg

A similar set up, with a few modifications to the density input, can produce stormy clouds

2022-05-28_17-17-16.jpg

I hope that helps - shout out if you need more.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am conflicted in that I feel reassured that Ged has not been taken over by space aliens, and is still our Ged, but on the other hand, has Ged actually been a space alien all along?  Excellent reflections Ged.  I love the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis I was actually abducted by space aliens, but it turns out they couldn't unscramble my brain so they sent me back 😋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_4390.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Journey""Journey"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title and style would suit a Pink Floyd album cover. Remember the ones which used to open out flat 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's one thing I miss about physical media like music albums, it's the artwork and layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean in a sort of Storm Thorgerson (who created the Hipgnosis art and design company) and Roger Dean who did that amazing Yes artwork?  The one that stood out for me was the first King Crimson album cover for Court of the Crimson King. I just checked and it was done by a Barry Godber who was apparently a friend of the very strange Peter Sinfield

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Opening an album was an experience in itself, before putting on the music.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of albums, does anyone remember the Jethro Tull album Thick as a Brick, the album cover actually opened up like a newspaper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone left their picnic lunch on the jetty.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it. You've done a nice job moving the boat and with the shadows. If I got really, really, picky - does big foot need a shadow from the post on him and would the shadow on the water from the ant's antennae be a bit softer? That is being extremely picky though - overall it's a nice idea and nicely done.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I didn't even notice that the ant's antennae had overspilled the jetty.  That's down to dodgy eyesight 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this whal image before but i is a good one (Whale Photo by Todd Cravens on Unsplash)

SFTW163Lake_in_MountainsWhale.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source is very suitable for that moment, Dean, just before the splash.

I wonder whether the boat will remain floating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whale might have come from Unsplash but I think an almighty splash is about to follow!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines